Thursday 27 May 2010

Knitorama.

As of late I have been channelling my inner Granny and have taken up knitting. I used to knit when I was younger, however during my 'cool' teenage years completely discarded my skills. Coming from a family of textile enthusiasts (my Nana is the crochet master) it has always been in my blood to sew, dye, cross stitch etc and my biggest regret is not taking a textile related degree.

I was given my new needles for my 20th birthday (perhaps not the most encouraging thing to start adulthood with) it has quickly become my new craze and I have been interlocking them ever since. So far I have only produced a bright pink square, but don't you worry friends and fam, my skills will be top notch in time to knit your christmas presents!

Also I have come across 'jumbo knitting' with huge needles and thick wool that ultimately produces these gorgeous huge scarves, will most definitely be looking into that. As soon as I have produced something presentable, I will of course, share.

Also have a look at this blog; instead of Graffiti, my home town of Spalding is being decorated with knitted accessories. KNIT THE STREETS

1 comment:

  1. That blog is amazing! I love it. I need to come Spalding.

    ReplyDelete