Monday 28 June 2010

Summer Must Reads/Must Listens/Must do's/Must watches.

Often the summer, although filled with lots of gorgeous weather and excitement, can drag (especially when you are into the ninth consecutive week of working just to pay off that lousy bottomless pit that is an overdraft!) Here are a few things that I hope to fill my summer with and I hope you can tick a few off the list too.
  1. Watch 'A Single Man' on DVD, it is out in the next few weeks and I can guarantee I will have worn it out within a month. I urge that anyone who has not seen this impeccable piece of film to do so ASAP!
  2. Visit the V&A, my favourite museum in London town. The 'Grace Kelly: Style Icon' exhibition is on at the moment and I am dying to see it. 
  3. Exposed at the Tate Modern: Voyeurism, Surveillance and Camera. The exhibition is said to be incredibly innovative.
  4. Vintage Shop, one huge swoop of buying vintage pieces that I can leave as they are, style to the max or alter to suit me perfectly. I am afraid Spalding has very little to offer on that front so a road trip is definitely on the card's.
  5. One thing that Spalding does have on offer is the close proximity of it to the coastline, which means that I hope to fill many a summer hour lazing on the beach.
  6. Summer Listens... Gorillaz album, Massive Attack and Zero 7's greatest hits, all different genre's and perfect summer tunes. 
  7. 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee is one of my favourite books, as I haven't read it in 3/4 years it is at the top of 'my book's to read this summer' pile.
  8. Grazia is my weekly love and in my opinion the best fashion magazine on the shelves.
  9. Get Snap Happy. Well firstly invest in a half decent camera and secondly take far too many photos. I am hoping to have gotten an old polaroid camera by the end of summer and to have been far too snap happy with it.
  10. Invest in Sandals. I have reiterated time and time again my love for this shoe, which ultimately means I wear mine out completely so a good investment in some sandals is always a summer necessity.
I hope I have given you some idea's on how to fill your summer days. If you have any suggestions for me, please holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment