Thursday 1 July 2010

Besto Glasto.

Unfortunately I missed out on Glastonbury this year but nevertheless tuned into the live webcam's, BBC3's coverage (I had to mute the majority of the commentary, is it just me or is Jo Whiley the most annoying disc jockey to grace the air waves?) and Radio 1's live insights (again bar Jo Whiley.) The highlight performances were for me Florence (that one armed leotard was to die for), Scissor Sister's avec Kylie, Faithless, Stevie Wonder, Dizzee and Pet Shop boys.

Fashion is nowaday's as or more important and as meticulously planned as the music, it is no longer the priority to arrange your musical agenda but to arrange your festival outfit, which lets face it is often a denim hotpant/welly number. Having spent much of my nostalgia of not being at Glasto trawling through photo's of the attendee's here are my top 7 best dressed. (I know it is an odd number, but there was far too much fashion eye candy to digest)

7. Paloma Faith, ok she is tres wacky, but I cannot help but find her oversized headgear addiction and uber crazy ensembles overly endearing.

6. Will Young, probably my biggest gay crush is back in the public eye. Loving his laid back shorts and vest here, if only he were straight!

5. La Roux, personally I wouldn't wear her avant-garde jacket, however I think she deserves a fashionista nod for taking power dressing to another level.
4. Henry Holland, he has now finished the ghastly show that was 'Frock me' so my love for him is slowly returning, especially when he sports a get up like this. I like a lot HH.

3. Emma Watson seemed to be the tabloid/ paps favourite this Glasto, well who can blame them when she is wearing a Louis Vuitton corset, denim cut offs and wellies. (She should get a medal for wearing a corset in the blistering heat in my opinion.)

2. Sienna Miller, who I think should take the festival queen crown/headband from Kate Moss. Sienna for me is more boho and festival worthy, I just cannot get enough of this style queen.

1. Florence Welch, that leotard was STUNNING. I could not keep my beady eye's off of it and would desperately love to purchase one myself (however sporting it round my hometown or Birmingham would definitely not suffice, just waiting for that call from the V Fest organisers and I will definitely buy buy buy!)
Images via. Sky Showbiz.

1 comment:

  1. I saw Florence in Werchter on saturday, she made me cry !

    See U !

    ReplyDelete