Wednesday 13 July 2011

My oh my tie-dye.

I might be late on the upkeep, (full time job and jetting off to Paris has exhausted me) but last week The Telegraph reported that tie dye had been voted the worst fashion faux pas of the last century. As a pro tie-dye campaigner (not literally) I was a little shocked, does no one remember the skirt over trousers (which my fashion sources tell me is coming back, watch out for Marc Jacobs next season) or the neon string vest trend?
Maybe it was voted so, as it can be tricky to get it 'right'. Tie die looks best when it is not a D.I.Y creation that is formed of an array of colours on your old decorating T-shirt. If you want to 'do' tie-dye be prepared to spend a few extra pennies in order to get something that isn't going to look like one of Blue Peter's finest.  It is best worn 'Boho' and I tend to think that colour tie dyed with white is the classiest and most sophisticated way to wear the pattern.

So to sum up... heres how NOT to tie-dye...

And here is how to do it perfectly...




No comments:

Post a Comment